Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Performance for Total Defence-cum-Rainbow Day 1

I would like to congratulate 4A for a good performance put up. I enjoyed your performance & I hope the audience did as well. I'll put up the video once it's ready.

I'm also glad that everyone behaved well with myself in the control room and not with you.

I would also like to thank all the parents who helped source for the props and Malcolm (4A) and Issac (4B) for the loan of their toy gun/ rifle.

Durratun, joining Lim Kai Wen and Estella Teh (5A)as MCs.
Our narrators ...


It was slightly after 4 am in the morning, when the Japanese dropped the first bombs on Singapore. People were awakened by the sounds of explosions.
The audience ...
On 15th February 1942, the British surrendered.
Singapore was renamed Syonan-to in Japanese, meaning ‘Light of the South’. This was the start of the 3-and-a-half years under Japanese rule.
The people suffered and lived in constant fear.
What is Jun Hong thinking of?
But we did not give up trying
The war finally ended on 15 August 1945 when the Americans dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan.

10 comments:

  1. Ha...Ha...love it!hope can perform again especially Leon was the funniest!Captured by locals...He...He...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so fun!!!!! :D i hope there will be another performance similar to this performance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed being the narrator, hope to take part in more performances !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm.... Can I be the narrator everytime? I like acting but I am shy and scared... I remembered the first time on the stage when I was P1, left me a frightening memory.... I was asked to do a project and then my presentation was chosen by mr tay... He told to me read my essay on stage I was like "THUMP! THUMP!" Why me? On the actual day I took the mike from him and went on stage.... I stared at everyone and then they stared back. I started reading and it goes like this: I wish my classroom have.......(It was 4 paragraphs and I read it in 30sec...) I then finish reading and silence felt... I thought they wouldnt want to applaud so I went down the stage to pass the mike bak to Mr Tay and just one step down the stage, everyone applaud... My heart didn't want to stop "THUMPING"... Then nw thats why I am shy and scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw Jun Hong very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn i thik you spelled some words wrongly

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is super fun!!! I hope to perform again in the next Rainbow Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ hui ru btw is not wrong btw is = to by the way

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay. Sorry Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete